About this Privacy Notice
In particular, we want to make it clear, that Masons Tree Surgery Ltd does not sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. It’s not how we operate and it is important to Masons Tree Surgery Ltd that anyone who has dealings with our company has confidence that Masons Tree Surgery Ltd will act responsibly with regards to your personal information.
tell you how we use and protect your personal information, including informing you of your rights regarding your personal information
that we hold.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, entering into a contract with Masons Tree Surgery Ltd and/or communicating directly with us, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Who are we?
Masons Tree Surgery Ltd is registered in England and Wales with company number 5303106 and has its registered office at 7 Kings Court, Newcomen Way, Colchester, CO4 9RA.
We supply arboricultural/fencing services and related products; such as, logs, kindling and coal, to both commercial and domestic customers throughout the UK.
If you have any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices, you can contact us in the following ways:
By Post at: 48 Friday Wood Green, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8XG.
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone at: 07740 872900
Whose personal data we process
and process personal data about our:
· suppliers and service providers;
· advisers, consultants and other professional experts;
· employees and prospective employees; and
· enquirers and complainants.
How do we collect your information?
The main way we collect your personal information is through direct communication when you contact us by; phone, post, email, social media, SMS, verbally or otherwise.
We may also collect personal information via publicly available
sources (i.e. internet searches, advertising networks) and possibly third party sources with your permission (i.e. where you have
instructed and consented to your details being forwarded to us).
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
What type of information is collected from you?
The type of data we collect depends on whether you are a prospective customer, a customer, a supplier, professional business/colleague or employee, but can include any of the following information; name, address, contact number, email address, age, bank details, company name, next of kin details.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information, because we do not send or permit ‘third party’ marketing communications.
Purposes for which we will
use your personal information
Basically, to enable us to carry out our business operations effectively and to administer our relationship with you, we collect and may use your personal information in the following ways:
Marketing - Rest assured we will not bombard you with marketing emails, we know how annoying this can be; at most it may be about half a dozen a year maximum and we genuinely believe the information and advice provided may be of benefit and interest to you, particularly with regards to our services and the successful management of your outdoor space.
You will receive marketing communications from us, if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and in each case, have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Whenever we process your data for any of the purposes above, we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and tale account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and if you wish to do so, please contact us by phone, email or in writing, using the contact details at the beginning of this policy, or in the case of marketing emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the marketing email at any time. You always have a choice.
Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks and services for your benefit.
Opting-out or refusal of consent for direct marketing communications as described above will have no consequences on the performance of any contract by Masons Tree Surgery Ltd
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our marketing emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-communications. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
Use of 'website cookies'
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor browsing behaviour information by people who access our websites. Such information is anonymous in its form and allows us to carry out statistical analysis of browsing behaviour, so that we can improve our website and improve the user experience.
For further information, visit www.aboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
long we keep you data
Masons Tree Surgery Ltd will keep your personal information:
· For as long as required by law
· Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
· Until you request us to stop using it.
Who we will share your personal data with
Under no circumstances will we sell, rent, or share your personal data with any other persons for marketing
We may share your personal data with:
· Regulatory authorities (such as Trading Standards), Government departments (such as HMRC) or the police in order to comply with any legal obligations or to assist in fraud prevention and detection;
· Credit agencies (for the purpose of credit risk management), debt collection and professional advisors to enforce or apply the terms of any contracts between us and you;
· Third party suppliers where we have subcontracted to them the performance of any or all of our obligations under our contract with you; we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
· Other third parties where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect our rights and property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff or agents, users of our services or members of the public.
· MailChimp for direct marketing emails from Masons Tree Surgery Ltd only (for more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice) and Xero software for the purpose of our business accounting requirements (for more information, please see Xero’s privacy notice).
You will have a number of rights under the GDPR. These include the right to:
· see the information we hold about you;
· request personal data to be amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
· request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use;
· block or restrict the processing of your personal data; and
· object to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as indicated at the start of this policy and if you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data, however, we may make a small charge of £10 for this service to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, if it is clear your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
Naturally we will need to confirm your identity before your request can be processed and we will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data. We have procedures in place dealing with information security (both physical and digital) and data breaches.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Links to other Websites
You have the right to make a compliant at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe your data is not being processed in accordance with law. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns in the first instance though so that we can resolve any concerns and issues as quickly as possible.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Managing Director at email@example.com (or any of the other contactc details at the beginning of this policy) who will investigate the matter.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.